Preach Brother B!
Too bad that the first person that tried to run on that platform would be made quite past tense by the powers that be.
In Haliburton We Trust. Amen.
1. Excellent idea, but there are too many billions of dollars at stake for me to think that this will happen anytime soon. You'll also have a hard time convincing people because of the overwhelming evidence of other countries that have national health care AND 60+% income tax rates. The other thing that needs to be done is change the name from health care to sick care, 'cuz that's what it is. Health care is food supplements and exercise and not eating like a pig. There also needs to be a change of focus from developing treatments to developing cures. Also people need to be educated as to the importance of drinking enough water and eating enough salt. De-hydration is linked to everything from upset stomachs, headaches, cancer, diabetes, etc... www.watercure.com
2. Well said, but I think that the threat will have to present itself before this world will unite in any way at all. Gort, we need you!
3. Damn straight. Enough of this feeling sorry for them over what the Nazis did. It's been 60 years get over it. I'm a little more extreme in my views about this. I say immediately pull all funding. Let them stand alone. If they god has destined them to stay, then they should be able to do without our help.
4.I would have so say I agree with this, too. But we need to add classes that teach financial intelligence, right from the beginning. We also need to remove the brainwashing that makes all kids think that the only way the can be successful is to "get a good job," its hogwash. It might be better than having a bad job, but you can't really be free when you do what some huge corporation tells you to at least 5 days a week. Also, take all the money that would go into athletics and buy school supplies. You want to be in an extracurricular activity? Fine, but you're gonna pay for all of it. Parents shouldn't be required to buy school supplies, except with their taxes.
5. Well enough said that I have no comment to add.
6.Good idea, but I wouldn't hold your breath. You might as well ask for the abolition of racism, too. These types of things are usually born and bred, and with deep hatreds thrown into the mix. It needs to be done, but I fear the only way to accomplish this would be to kill everyone and start over.
7. Right on! I still don't understand, and have never had it explained to any effect, why it is illegal for someone to walk in the woods and then walk back out with certain plants and/or fungi. Dumb, dumb, dumb!!! Get a life people. Quit worrying about what I'm doing and raise you kids, instead letting the TV and schools do it. There are more important things to worry about than what the guy next might be doing in the privacy of his own home that doesn't harm anyone else.
8.They've got their own radio stations, magazines, newspapers, TV station, etc... Keep you ideals off of the rest of the stations and printed works. Not everything needs to follow your religious guidelines. When you watch an episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus from 1968 and they broadcast a topless women, back then, and you still can't get anywhere near that here in America, though you can show Saving Private Ryan, uncut which I don't understand. Show all the violence you want, but no boobies! How dumb is that. I firmly believe that organized religion is the WORST thing to happen to the human race. I don't think that we have a unified world and have religion. You don't need a religion to know the Golden Rule. I know that the golden rule is in the christian bible, but guess what? It was around a long time before that book was ever written. And, also, if you need to read it on a piece of paper for it to make sense, you got problems anyways. I won't kill you or take your stuff 'cuz I don't want you to kill me or take my stuff. Freakin' duh!
9. Though I believe that there are a lot of weapons, guns or otherwise that we just plain have no need for as a populace, I don't think that my list includes as many as Bryan's does. It doesn't mean that the idea isn't sound, though... Do you still need to be able to defend yourself? YES. Do you need to do it with a hand gun equipped with armor piercing bullets and a 17 round clip or a fully auto AK-74? Freakin' NO! There's a line between wanting to be prepared and going overboard, and it ain't a fine one. It's blaringly obvious which types of weapons are overkill (forgive the pun) and flat out not required by an stretch of the imagination. I might also say that irrespective of what laws you pass regarding firearms, schools should be required to teach gun safety, maybe raise the level of awareness a bit. That way when little Johnny finds out if granddad has an arsenal in the basement, he's more apt to treat it with the respect it deserves, not load up and head to school for target practice. You could go a bit further and require military service, but if you're going to do that, I say you have to do it in full-blown Starship troopers fashion. You can't be a citizen until you've defended your country.
Todd, I really like you. :) Great posts by both of you.... couldn't agree more. Although, I just got to hold my brother's new Glock (pardon the ignorant spelling there, I have NO clue) that was issued to him (he's a federal agent) and now I want one. Can't help it, it just felt good. :)
I think that if we, as a country, stopped being so damned PC and stopped worrying so much about whether or not we're going to burn in hell, we'd be a lot better off. Like you said, either you know good from bad or you don't. We're so puritanistic (is that a word?) in this country and our values are upside down, like you mentioned - boobies vs. violence. Nudity and sex is perfectly normal and no one should feel guilty about it, but we still frigging preach that it's a sin. Jeez.
Anyway, GREAT posts guys!!
1. Noble idea. Greedy doctors will fight hard.
2. I would go inverse and populate the sea first. Learn to cultivate the sea bed etc. We are only really utilizing a fraction of the earth's surface.
3. No problem with tightening parameters of support. But they are in important ally in the middle east.
4. Surprised about your feeling that computers should be excluded. But ok you're the expert.
5. Pretty much agree.
6. Won't hold my breath.
7. Okay, but tighten drunk driving and PI laws.
8. Yeah Yeah those Christians are really killing this nation. Let's feed them to the lions.
Seriously, there already is freedom from religion in this country. This is not a problem.
9. NRA baby!
9. (revisited) Bryan, you have stated over and over again that drug testing in schools takes a "guilty until proven innocent" attitude towards students and drugs. Isn't taking away people's guns taking a "guilty until proven innocent" attitude on people and their guns? Actually, it's just a "guilty" if you're taking them away and not giving them back.